What Is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to change your medical or dental plan or to add or remove dependent(s) from your plan.
What You Need To Know:
- It will be easier to use your medical plan for Anthem and Kaiser Participants in 2021 (excluding the Bronze Plan). Your plan has been enhanced and it will now be easier to know your out of pocket cost in advance. See our 2021 Open Enrollment Newsletter and the 2021 Health Benefits "At a Glance" for details.
- Depending on your eligibility status, Open Enrollment packets were mailed starting September 28th and will continue to be mailed through October 30th.
- Your Open Enrollment letter will indicate your current plan choice and the additional choices you may have for the 2021 plan year.
- You can verify your dependents by logging onto MemberXG.
- You are not required to make any changes! You and your enrolled dependents will remain covered according to your existing plan choices unless you submit new enrollment forms requesting a change by November 20, 2020.
- If you did not receive an Open Enrollment packet, click on your state of residence on the left navigation panel to learn more about your plan options for the 2021 plan year.
- Effective January 1, 2021 you will be allowed to add a Registered Domestic Partner or the child of a Domestic Partner as an eligible dependent in the State of California. See our Life Events page for requirements.
Changes must be received by Trust Fund Office no later than November 20, 2020.
What You Need To Do During Open Enrollment:
If you are satisfied with your health plan choices and you have no dependents to add or remove, you do not need to do anything.
- Review the information mailed to your address including the 2021 Open Enrollment Newsletter and the 2021 Health Benefits "At a Glance" and the Summary of Material Modifications.
- Verify your dependent information on MemberXG if you have questions about your dependents coverage. See our Life Events page for more information on when to add or remove dependents. You may also make dependent changes year-round if you have a change in family status (e.g. marriage, divorce, newborn, etc.).
To make changes for 2021 or to enroll for the first time, you must complete and return the correct Plan enrollment form(s) to the Trust Fund Office by November 20, 2020.
- Enrollment forms are available by your state of residence in the menu on the left or below.
- To add dependent(s), the Trust Fund will require a copy of the certified birth certificate or marriage certificate and a copy of the first and signature pages of your most recent tax return to enroll your spouse. See our Life Events page for more information on when to add or remove dependents. You may also make dependent changes year-round if you have a change in family status (e.g. marriage, divorce, newborn, etc.).
- Email your completed forms and documents to: HWEnrollment@carpenterssw.org or return them by mail in the envelope provided.
If you are considering changing your medical or dental plan, be sure you read the materials to understand the differences between the plans and what providers are available in your state of residence.
Have You Checked Your Beneficiary(ies) Lately?
- Certain life events such as a birth, marriage, adoption or divorce may require a change in your beneficiary(ies) for death benefits.
- Your ex-spouse or partner may still be your beneficiary if you have not submitted a new beneficiary form.
- You must complete a new Beneficiary Form from the Southwest Carpenters Trust Fund Office to change your beneficiary.
How To Obtain Assistance During Open Enrollment
- Get the documents you need:
- Anthem PPO Enrollment Form Kaiser CA Enrollment Form Kaiser CO Enrollment Form UHC Dental Enrollment Form
- Beneficiary Form
- 2020 Open Enrollment Newsletter 2020 Required Plan Notices 2021 SMM Active Plan Changes 2021 Health Benefits "At a Glance" Active PPO 2021 Medical SBC Bronze PPO 2021 Medical SBC Kaiser CA 2021 Medical SBC Kaiser CO 2021 Medical SBC
- Dental PPO Plan Details - TX/AL/LA/MS Dental PPO Fee Schedule - TX/AL/LA/MS Dental PPO Plan Details - All Other States Dental PPO Fee Schedule - All Other States
- Direct Compensation (DC) Plan - CA Direct Compensation (DC) Fee Schedule - CA Comparison of DC/PPO Dental Plans - CA Dental DC/PPO Plan Details - NV
- In-Network Only (INO) Fee Schedule Comparison of INO/PPO Dental Plans
- Vision Plan Information
- For assistance with plan eligibility, enrolling or making dependent changes, or understanding how a plan works, contact Southwest Carpenters Trust Fund Office as noted below.
- To Determine if a specific provider is participating in a Plan’s Network or if specific services are covered, contact the Customer Service team for the specific plan (e.g. Anthem) as noted below or go to their website and locate the provider search.
- If you are unable to print the plan or enrollment documents you need, you may Submit a Request for documents to be mailed to you.
Southwest Carpenters Trust Fund
Anthem Member Services
Express Scripts (Prescriptions for Anthem Members)
UnitedHealthcare Dental Member Services
UnitedHealthcare Vision Member Services